Do you need to sell your house fast in Baltimore? It’s important to understand the options available to you. There is more than just one way to sell your Baltimore home. In this post, we will take a look at two of the most popular ways, so that you can decide which selling option will be best for you.
Hiring A Baltimore Real Estate Agent
1. The Cost
As you may know, you will have to pay your agent a commission of about 5-6% if they are able to successfully sell your house in Baltimore. However, there are also a number of other costs that will come into play when listing your house for sale. Below are the “Other” Costs:
- Marketing – Many home sellers will often need to utilize marketing that goes beyond the scope of their real estate agent. This may include professional photography, virtual tours, or premium listings.
- Repairs – Even if your house is in great shape, there will likely be something that will need to be fixed. Whether it is a new coat of paint, replacing a leaky faucet, or patching a hole in the wall, these repairs can add up quickly.
- Staging – When you list your home you will want it to look it’s very best. This means you should take some time to remove the clutter and decorate it in a warm and inviting fashion. Whether or not you hire a professional stager in Baltimore, making the house look good can cost a pretty penny.
- Holding Costs – The holding costs include things like your property taxes, homeowners insurance, utility expenses, and maintenance. These costs do not stop when you list your house. In fact, keeping your house in tip-top shape can actually increase your holding costs.
- Closing Costs – As a home seller, you will usually pay somewhere around 2-3% of the final sale price toward your closing costs.
- Cleaning – Before you list and while to is on the market, the house will need to be kept very clean. Many people opt to have it cleaned professionally before they list it. You should also consider professional carpet cleaning, exterior power washing, yard clean-up, as well as hauling expenses.
With that said, working with a real estate agent has the potential to get you the highest price possible. Just be sure that you have deducted all of the costs mentioned above to be sure that listing with an agent in Baltimore makes sense for you.
2. The Time
When you hire an agent to help you sell your house in Baltimore, they will handle a good portion of the effort that goes into selling. With that said, the process will require some of your time and effort as well. For example, you will likely need to spend time…
- Keeping the property clean and ready for those last-minute showings
- Making repairs and upgrades to the property before it hits the MLS
- Marketing the property on sites other than the MLS
- Vacating the property when someone requests to come see it
- Waiting for an offer, hoping you will get your asking price
- Reviewing offers from potential buyers
- Negotiating with potential buyers
- Waiting for the escrow process to be completed
- Dealing with inspectors and appraisers
The worst part is that you could go through all of the above, only to have the sale fall through at the last minute, for various reasons. If you’ve spent any time shopping for homes in the past, you will often see the status of properties go “pending”, only to be relisted when the buyer’s funding falls through.
Plus: The Unknown
One of the most difficult parts of selling your house with an agent in Baltimore is the unknown. You won’t know if you will get your asking price, or when or if the improvements you made will provide returns. Not only is this very stressful, but it also makes it difficult for you to plan ahead.
Selling To An Investor
1. The Costs
It’s no secret that when you sell your house to an investor in Baltimore, the sale price will not usually be as high as retail. That said, the amount you can save will more than compensate for it. Most direct buyers, including Maryland Home Buyers buy houses AS-IS, which means there are no repair costs to worry about. You will also not have to pay commissions, closing costs, or extended closing costs.
2. The Time
In many cases, we are able to close in just a few days, potentially saving you a fortune in holding costs. You won’t have to do a thing other than pack up the items you wish to keep. We will handle everything else, including any items you wish to leave behind. Working with Maryland Home Buyers will help you sell your house in less time, offering you convenience and a fair price.
When you consider the time and the money involved with working with a Baltimore real estate agent vs. selling to a local investor, your idea of how to most efficiently sell your house just may change.
Take a look at this direct Comparison Chart Selling To Maryland Home Buyers vs. Listing With A Local Maryland Agent. Compare your options and decide which one works best for you!